Note: Only SoilManagement.ZIP and PDAModPlugin_SoilCondition.ZIP are the main changes in this release.
– PDA screen ‘Fruit Effects’ now scrolls, to reveal more crops.
– Overlay HUD icons should now display, particular for ‘kalk’. Also when using the zzz_fillTypeOverlays.zip mod.
– A few hardcoded texts moved to ModDesc.XML, so they can be localized.
– Using the localized names for fruits in PDA screens.
– PDA screen ‘Fruit Effects’ split up in columns, and should better illustrate what the crops ‘likes’ and ‘dislikes’.
– ModDesc.XML translations for German (by JakobT) and Russian (by Gonimy_Vetrom & VAHA).
– Overlay HUD icons for fertilizer types A,B,C updated by JakobT.
– Prefixed output in LOG.TXT with “SoilMod:”.
– Instructions for map & script translated to Russian, by Gonimy_Vetrom & VAHA.
– A simple graphical illustration of what to look for in ‘SampleModMap – Additions.LUA’.
‘SoilMod’ is a mod, for maps that have been correctly prepared, which attempts to add;
– custom control of growth, so it is following the in-game time,
– a proper use for lime/kalk, as soil pH is now included,
– manure must be ploughed/cultivated to take effect,
– automatic weed propagation and usage of herbicide,
– and a few other effects.
PLEASE NOTE! This mod may prehaps not be exactly what you expect or are thinking it is supposed to do. So please be open minded and give constructive critism and/or suggestions, for how to improve future versions of it.
How to ‘prepare’ the map — REQUIRED READING! —
(NOTE: You can skip this, if you have already done this for v1.0.0 of SoilMod.)
The ‘SoilManagement.ZIP’ mod will ONLY work on maps that have been prepared for it. There are required additions to be made in a map’s .I3D and .LUA files, and these can be found in the download when you unpack it.
It is expected that you know how to use a plain-text editor, like Notepad++ (“Notepad Plus Plus”) or similar editor, and are able to navigate in text-files like the .I3D and .LUA files.
Preparing your Map.I3D for SoilMod
The most difficult part is to add the required and correct lines to your own map.I3D file. How to do that is written in the file ‘map – Instructions.txt’, which you can find in the folder containing instructions.
Remember BEFORE you start editing your map, to MAKE A BACKUP of it. So if anything goes wrong you can revert to the last known good working version of it, and try again.
Be aware that the normal map size is ‘x1′ (i.e. have density files of 4096 x 4096 pixels.) Included in the download there are also density files for x.25 (small) and x4 (large) map sizes, where you much explicitly remember to use the correct density file if your map is not normal sized.
Download: Soil Management & Growth Control v1.1.0 [Letitbit.net]
Download: Soil Management & Growth Control v1.1.0 [Uploaded.to]